Washington,

DC's pre-War Apartments

Washington,

DC's pre-War Apartments

Welcome to

The Parker House Condominium

4700 Connecticut Ave. NW

Washington, DC


The Parker House is yet another early work of Joseph Abel, the wunderkind architect of so many outstanding apartment buildings along Connecticut Ave.  In fact, he designed every building in the 4700 block of Connecticut Avenue. Built in 1928 in conjunction with his business patron, Harry Bralove, The Parker House building and apartments are of his prime examples of his early work. The innovations he incorporated in Parker House, he later used and perfected in many of his later works. The building has 48 apartment units and, in response to the emerging demand for automobiles, 25 garage parking spaces underneath. The lobby is quite handsome and spacious for a building of its size and still has a manned front desk and manager's office.Each apartment has dining off the kitchen, high ceilings, hardwood floors, and a sun room off a spacious living room. The Parker House is unusual in that there are a large number of 3 bedroom apartments - a rarity in Washington, DC. The apartments range in size from a large 1 bedroom unit with 970 square feet to the largest 3 bedroom unit with over 1900square feet. Apartment floor plans for the Parker House are available upon request.
WC & AN Miller REALTORS
A Long & Foster Company
Bethesda All Points Office
4701 Sangamore Rd.
Bethesda, MD 20816
Office Phone: 301-229-4000
Cell/Direct: 202-320-6077
E-mail: Jim@TheSweeneyTeam.com
Website: www.TheSweeneyTeam.com

 James C. Sweeney

Associate-Broker